I have always liked Yugo AK rifles. One of my favorites is the M72B1 RPK. It’s a big rifle and really overkill for me with the long barrel and bipod. For quite some time I wanted to either build or buy a carbine length RPK. I was talking to Tim at Two Rivers Arms one day and he said he could absolutely make one and custom fabricate a side rail to boot. That was just what I wanted so I sent him my parts and then waited my turn in the build line as those guys are so busy. After a few months Tim called and said it was ready and he shipped it to my FFL, Scott Igert at Modern Antique Firearms in the Fall of 2015.
Seriously, this rifle shoots like a dream but I didn’t get a chance to take some decent photos until now. The most telling difference is that this is a 16″ cut down Green Mountain barrel vs. the normal 21.3″. It has a 1:9.5″ twist and not chrome lined – I’m going to keep it clean and will not be burning through tons of mag dumps so I wasn’t really worried about the chrome.
Here’s a run down of the parts:
- Yugo M72B1 kit from Apex with a new Green Mountain barrel [cut down]
- Nodak Spud NDS-9 receiver
- Magpul Zhukov-S Folding Buttstock with 3/4″ riser
- Ronin’s Grips M72 handguard set
- Ronin’s Grips ARM-9 Grip
- Tapco G2 FCG
- Falcon Arms replacement spring set
- RSA FCG retainer plate (I hate the shepherd hooks)
- Real Yugo BHO Magazine and you’ll also see it with a Romanian 75 round back-loading drum.
- RS!Regulate scope mount system – 303 Base and Picatinny rail top
- Low profile UTG rings
- Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x scope (it’s awesome on this rifle)
- Severe-Duty M11 Compensator – takes recoil almost to zero and makes your hair move 🙂
Glamour Shots 🙂
If you find this post useful, please share the link on Facebook, with your friends, etc. Your support is much appreciated and if you have any feedback, please email me at email@example.com. Please note that for links to other websites, I may be paid via an affiliate program such as Avantlink, Impact, Amazon and eBay.