Have you ever wondered how well your magazines are going to hold up? I know I’ve wondered that not to mention there are tons of armchair warriors on the Internet offering up their opinion or parroting others. So, what are the facts?
On the AmmoToGo blog called “The Lodge” is a very interesting report entitled “Magazine Spring Torture Test” that reports the results of an actual study they funded. The analysis was done by Applied Technical Services and is very much worth your time to read it.
The magazines tested is quite a list:
- Magpul Gen 2 Pmag (30 round)
- Magpul Gen 3 Pmag (30 round)
- Magpul Gen 3 Pmag (40 round)
- Amend2 AR-15 Magazine (30 round)
- Lancer AR-15 Magazine (30 round)
- USGI AR-15 Magazine (30 round)
- Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm Magazine (8 round)
- ETS Glock 17 Magazine (17 round)
- Glock 17 Factory Magazine (17 round)
- Magpul Glock 17 Magazine (17 round)
- Glock 17 Factory Magazine (33 round)
- USGI 45 ACP 1911 Magazine (7 round)
- Wilson Combat 45 ACP 1911 Magazine (8 round)
Click here to go to their site and read the report. Note, they provide a PDF where you can read about the data from all magazines tested – you definitely will want to check that out also.
Hope this helps you out – I found it very interesting. Finally results from a real study that you can review. Kudos for them to take the time and money to produce and share this!
If you find this post useful, please share the link on Facebook, with your friends, etc. Your support is much appreciated and if you have any feedback, please email me at email@example.com. Please note that for links to other websites, I may be paid via an affiliate program such as Avantlink, Impact, Amazon and eBay.