In this episode, Georgiy Gubich operates a 5.45×39 AK-12 on full auto until it fails. You’ll notice he is wearing body armor and for good reason as you’ll learn from the video.
He starts by loading up a case of 7N6 ammo into 30 mags and then dumping one after another. You get views from several angles and a shot counter plus his observations during the process.
Time for the Video!
The rifle held up three times as long as the Russian Ministry of Defense 180-round burst requirement. Practically, you would expect pauses during firing to allow it to cool down some. I thought his comments about the high-pressure 5.56 x 5.45 rounds causing significant stresses on the barrel was very interesting and hope you enjoyed this video as well.
By the way, a big shout out to Kalashnikov Concern for making these videos available. They are very good!
Please note that all images were extracted from the video and are the property of their respective owner.
If you find this post useful, please share the link on Facebook, with your friends, etc. Your support is much appreciated and if you have any feedback, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSA AK Webstore Links
Click on the following links for the associated webstore categories at Palmetto:
- PSA AK-47 GF3 (the rifle)
- AK-P GF3 (the pistol version of the GF3)
- AK-V (their Vityaz-inspired wicked 9mm) – [click here for my blog posts on the one I bought and converted] – this includes accessories
- AK-E – their premium AK line
- Accessories including magazines, handguards, grips, triggers and more
- They are also selling individual parts such as springs, barrels, bolt carriers, furniture sets, repair kits and more