We make a recoil pad for the military Yugo M70, M72 and M76 rifles [click here for the listing]. The original was rubber over a steel pad and was often very beat up when guys bought kits or rifles made from kits. So, I hunted down pristine original recoil pads and made molds to cast rubber replacements.
Here are the approximate measures for the stock this pad fits on:
- Screwhole centers are about 3.25″ apart
- From top inside lip of butt of the stock to bottom inside lip is: 4.20″
- Top to bottom of the butt outside or overall height is 4.48″
- Left to right inside lip edge of the butt at the widest point s 1.29″
- Outside edge left to right at the widest point is 1.63″
- The lip that the recoil pad sits on all the way around is about 0.17″
Starting in mid-2017 we started getting word from our customers that our military-sized pads were not fitting the new commercial PAP M70 rifles being imported into the US. It would appear that Zastava has changed the buttstock — presumably to cut cost. It is smaller and the telltale for consumers is that it has a solid steel stamped butt plate. The following photo is of an original Yugo M70 military-style recoil pad next to the new commercial PAP steel butt plate:
This next photo just shows an edge view – the white box is just propping them up:
Bottom line is that the stocks are different and our recoil pad will not fit the PAP M70. I’m hoping to get the word out to reduce confusion.
Please note that at this time, I do not have plans to make a commercial PAP-sized recoil pad as there has not been sufficient demand thus far.
If you find this post useful, please share the link on Facebook, with your friends, etc. Your support is much appreciated and if you have any feedback, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.